Living with another human being requires compromise, collaboration, and open communication in the best of times. During the lockdown, many are spending more time with their partners than ever before, and the forced intimacy can feel too intense. Here are some tips to increase connection.
- Talk to your partner about what you both would like to do with the increased time. Share expectations for connection and intimacy to avoid disappointment.
- Intimacy is about authentic connection, not just sexual activities. Figure out what brings you closer and how much space you need space.
- Try new things together such as White Tantra or using toys in your love play.
- Discuss how you each cope with anxiety and how the other can help. Shelve major conflict conversations unless in a couples therapy session.
- Find shared activities that can stimulate conversations with one another.
- For example, if you’re Netflixing, check out the shows Cheer and Love is Blind. These are now part of our national culture!